LOGOS: Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a logo for my office or administrative unit?

Submit your request using Marketing and Brand Management's online form.

Can I get stationery with my unit logo?

Only the vertical university, college, and university library logos are permitted on stationery.

Stationery can be ordered through UIC's Office of Publications.

Electronic letterhead is available free of charge. To request e-letterhead, submit your request using Marketing and Brand Management's online form.

Why can't I open the logo files that end in .EPS?

While you are able to download them, sophisticated design software such as Adobe Illustrator or InDesign is needed to open and view these files. Graphic designers typically use EPS files because they are easy to manipulate and can be infinitely enlarged without pixilation.

If you are not a professional graphic designer, use the PNG files designated for use in word documents, PowerPoint presentations and on the Web.

What is a PNG file and how does it differ from a JPG?

PNG files are used exactly the same way as JPG files. The only significant difference is that PNG files have transparent backgrounds. That means when placed in a document, the logo will automatically retain the document's background color.

How do I change the color of a UIC logo so it coordinates with a brochure I'm developing?

Changing the color of the UIC logo was formerly not permitted. However, the new brand and identity standards allow for more flexibility so that campus units can change the color when necessary for temporary items such as brochures. For more permanent items such as websites and signs, units should use the logos provided on this website.

For more information, review the brand guidelines on the Marketing and Brand Management website.